Sometimes I think I veer away a bit from the ‘easy’ part of the ‘cheap, fresh and easy’ philosophy of this blog. So here’s a quick and simple recipe that only takes about 10 minutes.
My tips for a successful omelette are:
- use a non stick frying pan
- pour the beaten eggs into the hot pan but then turn the heat down
- move the pan so that the egg fills in at the edges
- use a spatula or non-stick fish slice to gently ease the omelette away from the pan as it’s cooking, so it doesn’t stick.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small, or half a large courgette, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and cook the courgettes until they are just brown. Add the spring onions, salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
- Increase the heat and add the eggs, moving the pan around to spread the egg mixture to the edges. Turn the heat down and cook gently until the egg is set, loosening the omelette using a non stick fish slice or spatula to stop it sticking.
Do you have a cheap, fresh and easy recipe I can try? Let me know and I’ll feature it on the site and link back to you.
You can also follow on Twitter @CheapFreshandEasy and Instagram (cheapfreshandeasy) and you can use the hashtag #cheapfreshandeasy in your own posts and I will leave a comment for you.